Have you ever given an writing assignment and left the topic open to your students' imagination, only to get "I don't know what to write about?" Writing prompts are the solution!
Writing prompts are a great way to provide students with a "starter" that will ignite their imagination and get them writing. This computer-based generator is sure to engage all your students, and get then started on a writing piece. Students immerse themselves in an activity that is designed to integrate their imagination, knowledge and creativity in a guided writing practice, but at the same time allows them to be responsible for their own learning.
Roombop has developed two writing prompt applications that you can use in your classroom. One is geared for elementary and middle- aged students and the other for students in grade 7-12. There are over 300 prompts to choose from.
Our prompt application is best used in a classroom on a smartboard or a computer hooked up for the students to see. As the teacher, you can generate new prompts until you and the students all find one they like and agree upon. Alternatively, students can access the writing prompt generator and individually write their own piece based on their selection. This generator is engaging, fun and a great motivator to get all students wanting to write!
How To Use
- Go to our Get a Room Pin page.
- Select the type of writing prompt you want; "Writing Prompts Elementary" or "Writing Prompts" (7-12).
- Go to www.Roombop.com and enter your room pin.
- You will load our Writing Prompt generator where you can share the link to a specific prompt.
- To generate a new Writing Prompt click the big blue "NEW PROMPT" button at the bottom of the page.