You want to introduce or teach your students about programming / coding however you don’t have access to computers? No problem. This “Unplugged Coding” resource works without computers. After completing these printable activities, your students can apply similar logic and strategies to coding websites and apps. This is a great alternative or additional resources before using code.org or Scratch.
This resource is apart of an unplugged coding series. In each, a different main concept is focused on. To use this resource, just print the PDF and have your students coding, unplugged today.
The main focus of this resource is Algorithms. The purpose is to demonstrate that computer code follows a set of rules. This resource includes the following type of activities and worksheets:
- Algorithms info page. Explains what an Algorithm is and why it is useful to computers. This handout also has real life examples. It is a great starting point.
- Brushing Your Teeth Algorithm Activity
- Making a Sandwich Algorithm Activity
- Watching TV Algorithm Activity
- Making a Pizza Algorithm Activity
- Planting a Seed Algorithm Activity
- Decorating a Christmas Tree Algorithm Activity
- Curving a Pumpkin Algorithm Activity