This is a fun activity based on The Turing test. You will need to pick three students to volunteer. The rest of the class has to figure out who is the computer and who is the human based on the answers given.
- Provide one student with the Test Answers sheet (page 6). These are the answers for the student pretending to be the computer.
- The other student who is the human must do their best to answer the questions on their own.
- Send both of these students out of the room.
- The “traveling voice”, the third student volunteer, will come in and out of the room. They will be asking the questions (from page 5) to the two volunteers from step 1 & 2 outside of the room. They will take the answers back into the room and tell the class. They will go back and forth.
- The class has to write down the answers and try to figure out the computer and human.
Print out the Turing Test info page to explain the to the students what the turing test is. Overall, this fun activity is a great fun way to explain the turing test to your students.